21 West 38th Street, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Phone: (888) 336-6884 ext.1 www.horsesmouth.com
Attend our Free Webinar...
Will Social Security and Medicare Really Be Cut? Advisor Briefing
Tuesday, July 25, at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT
Now that major changes to social programs are on the table, it is crucial for Advisors to help your clients plan ahead, even if it means talking about proposals not yet law. It's important for you and your clients to know which way the reform winds are blowing:
What are the latest developments in Social Security and Medicare? What will a new Administration mean for these two government programs that baby boomers have come to depend on far more than they ever thought they would? What is the new president thinking? Who are his advisors and how will they influence him? What is the Republican-controlled Congress likely to do? Can we promise that benefits won't be cut? What should you tell your clients?
This webinar on July 25, 2017 will cover:
The history and future of Social Security and Medicare:
- Where do Social Security and Medicare stand now: Briefly, how did these social programs come into being and what benefits do they offer and to whom?
- How are Social Security and Medicare financed? How solvent are they? By whose accounts?
- What efforts have taken place over history to undermine these programs? How successful have they been?
- What is likely to happen to Social Security and Medicare in the future? What is the legislative process for changing the benefit formula or other rules?
- Who are the key advisors in the new Administration; what are their backgrounds and ideologies?
- What are Congressional leaders saying about Social Security and Medicare?
- What are the latest reform proposals that have been submitted to the SSA Chief Actuary for analysis?
- What should you tell your clients about how their own benefits might be affected?
How Social Security and Medicare affect your clients under current rules:
- Key rules and strategies
- How to estimate benefits
- Mistakes to avoid
- Planning for the future
- How Social Security and Medicare planning lead to business opportunities for you
So join us on Tuesday, July 25 at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT.
Expert Presenter: Elaine Floyd, CFP
Your workshop will be led by Elaine Floyd, CFP®, Horsesmouth’s Director of Retirement and Life Planning. Elaine is the author of The Financial Advisor’s Guide to Savvy Social Security and The Financial Advisor’s Guide to Savvy Medicare. She is often quoted in leading publications including the Wall Street Journal, Kiplinger’s Retirement Report, Marketwatch’s Retirement Weekly and other publications.
Don’t miss this important webinar. Register below.
Questions? Call 1-888-336-6884 ext. 1